Which makes this a nice moment to look back at the visual changes since we decided that we wanted to release this to the world. So below are a couple of before and after pictures. I hope you can spot the differences ;).
- Willem -
It seems that writing about avoiding changing the background helped change the way I look at it. And / or it get the creative juices flowing. Anyway, I set about creating a background. And while I was busy I also created a border for the game board, which was another thing Michiel already thought necessary. I still have to fidget with the colours, and perhaps I won't stick to this look, but this is what the game looks like now:
Lastly, I'd like to give credit where credit is due. I found a great tutorial video by Jester of None, on how to create a wood grain texture in Paint.net. It's clear, short and the technique works like a charm. I recommend taking a look at his video if you ever use Paint.net.
Next time I'll let you know what Michiel thinks of this change (I haven't shown it to him yet; I only just finished this and he's at a concert) and whether we've decided to keep it :).